The Lawyers of Goldberg & Lindenberg Will Protect You, Your Family, Your Home, Your Property and Your Assets!
We will represent you on all landlord tenant matters and bankruptcy issues
The Law Office of Goldberg & Lindenberg, P.C. was established in 1981 and has been representing New York tenants in eviction actions and proceedings for over 35 years. We also represent clients in collection and bankruptcy matters and protect and defend individuals against debt collectors and illegal debt collection practices. We are available 24/7 to meet your urgent needs. If you are in danger of losing your home or are facing severe financial hardship, we are there for you offering complimentary confidential consultations. We have obtained and will continue to obtain multimillion-dollar buyouts and settlements for our clients. No matter what your particular concern entails, you can trust that we will advocate for your rights in a professional, appropriate, respectful and diligent manner.
We are determined advocates who diligently and professionally fight to achieve our clients' goals and obtain the best results possible for our clients!
Dealing with your landlord or your creditors can be a life changing challenge. We give individuals, families and small businesses the ability to prevail over tough opponents because we are:
- Respected leaders — In all landlord tenant matters and all of our areas of practice. Through exemplary industry leading representation, we have earned a strong reputation by achieving successful results for our clients against the most powerful adversaries and opponents.
- Skillful & experienced litigators — Our attorneys are insightful, aggressive legal advocates who press for favorable resolutions in negotiations, proceedings and litigation involving all Landlord Tenant issues, in Housing Court, Civil Court, Supreme Court, The Division of Housing & Community Renewal (DHCR), all government agencies and in Bankruptcy Court.
- Dedicated legal counselors — Whether your landlord is harassing you, causing you to live in uninhabitable conditions or seeking to force you out of occupancy, we will take every appropriate legal action to protect you to the fullest extent possible.
Do not wait to consult with our qualified attorneys. If you need immediate assistance, have a question or issue about your legal rights or legal options, our firm will assist you 24/7.
We stop evictions and overzealous collection practices
Our experienced attorneys consistently provide the best counsel on matters relating to:
- Landlord tenant law — You can rely on us for comprehensive legal support for all landlord tenant law issues such as eviction proceedings, buyout negotiations, demolition application defense, all rent control and stabilization issues and up to date knowledge of all rent regulations and laws governing residential and commercial landlord tenant issues.
- Bankruptcy — When debt becomes overwhelming, we offer knowledgeable, personalized advice on how filing for bankruptcy can help. Our lawyers will answer all of your questions about Chapter 7 debt discharge, Chapter 7 debt discharge, Chapter 13 debt repayment plans and Chapter 11 business reorganizations.
- Eviction — If you’ve been threatened with eviction, our over 35 years of experience successfully representing and advocating for tenants in nonpayment proceedings, holdover proceedings and all types of eviction actions will pursue every legal option to allow you and your family to remain in your home.
- Tenant group and tenant association representation — We offer comprehensive counsel to tenant groups and associations on issues related to organization, goals and finding commonality of interest among the tenant members in jointly fighting for their rights.
- Division of Housing & Community Renewal matters — We represents our clients in all proceedings before the Division of Housing and Community Renewal (DHCR) such as rent stabilization and rent control coverage disputes, rent overcharge issues, recovery of triple damages against landlords, harassment, petitions for administrative review (PAR) and Supreme Court Article 78 actions.
- Credit and collection defense — It is against the law for debt collectors to harass you if you are behind in payments on bills or any other obligations. In credit and collection defense matters, we take aggressive actions to stop improper collection tactics used by debt collectors to attempt to illegally coerce our clients into making payments.
From start to finish, we will answer your questions promptly and clearly and address any concerns that you and your family have about the legal process.
Contact a knowledgeable New York City lawyer to schedule a free consultation
We advise our New York City metro area clients on applicable legal issues, including all landlord tenant and bankruptcy matters. Please call 212-921-1600 or contact us online to schedule a complimentary and confidential consultation regarding your particular situation and issues.